Hackworth was founded in 1991 when it started out printing blue prints and technical documents. Today, we are a full fledged printing, graphics and wide format technology solutions organization, all thanks to the inspiring leadership of Dorothy and Charlie Hackworth and their son Charles.
Hackworth is a State-Certified, Small Business (SWaM: Small, Women-owned, and Minority-owned Business) in Chesapeake, Virginia that provides a wide range of printing and marketing services, wide format digital imaging and printing systems and supplies, and document management solutions. Although the nature of our core business has somewhat changed over the last two decades, we continue to be committed to provide excellence in our business solutions, and to the communities and families of those with whom we share mutually beneficial partnerships.
Awards & Achievements
2017 Chesapeake Small Business of the Year
It is our great honor to be selected by the Hampton Roads Chamber as the 2017 Chesapeake Small Business of the Year! Thank you to our employees, customers, vendors and partners in business. We would not be here if it were not for your contribution to our success!
We're looking forward to a bright future in Coastal Virginia and throughout the Mid-Atlantic region!
- 2019 Chesapeake Martin Luther King Leadership Award for Business - Charles G. Hackworth
- 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 Wide-Format Imaging Top Shop
- 2017 Chesapeake Small Business of the Year
- 2016, 2014, 2013, 2006 KIP Star Performance Award
- 2007 IRgA’s The Bukovsky Award – Charles G. Hackworth
- 2007 AGCVA Associate of the Year
- Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce Rising 25
- 1998 Small Business of the Year – City of Chesapeake
Meet the Team
Dorothy Hackworth, CEO/Secretary/Treasurer
Charlie Hackworth, President
Charles Hackworth II, Vice President
Steve Kirnan, Director of Technology
Mark Rowan, Marketing Director